Write To Survive

A poet has the luxury to sit back and be himself.
A poet cares little whether he makes it to the shop shelf.
A poet is wise beyond compare.
A poet sees something fair everywhere.

I am not wise, I see nothing fair;
But if I don't prove I'm alright 'up there',
I'll be treated like shit.
I'll lose what mind I still have, what wit.

In my words, I set no stall.
How could I heed the Muses' Call?
Ever since that little medication board,
I resent beauty as something I cannot afford.

I am something more raw, more pure.
I am something more core, more poor.
Adrenaline pumping through my veins,
Brings the most acute quatrains.

Do I write from the heart?
So what if my rhymes only fart?
I don't write some vain pleasure to derive...
I merely write to survive!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justice Justified: A New Road Map To (Objective) Morality

Trump The Hateful Hater: A Motivational Speech